Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Wave of Exhaustion

This weekend Homer had his monthly reserves duties, so he was gone all Saturday and most of Sunday.  So it was just me and Kaylee Beth.  This weekend was supposed to be dedicated to studying for boards, but being an curious 19 month old, KB did not let me achieve any of this!  Luckily, she slept in to 8:30 both mornings. However, after being up for a hour, I was ready to go back to sleep.  This pregnancy has definitely made me more exhausted. Maybe it is because the first time, my only responsibility was making a baby.  Or maybe it's because this time I have a toddler, hubby, and medical school.  Whatever the cause, I took advantage of her 2 hour naps and got one myself! This past week I've had to get a 2 hour nap most days.  Today was the start of a new section in school and I was worried about being tired since we had class from 8-3. Surprisingly, I wasn't even tired today.
That reminds me, I have successfully cut out all caffeine!  I'm proud of this fact b/c I seem to have been addicted to it for years.  It was hard to fight the temptation today b/c we had lunch provided for us and the bin of diet cokes were calling out to me. But I held strong as the only med student to grab a sprite! haha
This morning I woke up with a sick feeling, but made myself eat some cereal anyway.  Kaylee Beth had syrup this morning and loves to drink from my new waterbottle. So all day long I smelled syrup when I drank my water.  That sure kept the sick feeling around! The smell of syrup all day long makes me sick when I'm not pregnant! Yuck!
Here in Kansas City, it has snowed for a couple of weeks.  Today we had a warm spell and the high reached freezing!  Yesterday we were able to take KB out sledding at our apartments.  She had a lot of fun being carried up the hill by Homer and being pulled down.   With the weather keeping us inside, she's kept busy with her puzzles, books, and bossing us around!

No comments:

Post a Comment