Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Recovering from Surgery

I had my surgery this morning. It went well.  Homer got my meds, some lunch, and brought me home so he could go to his last classes today.  I feel bad b/c he missed Monday and Tuesday so he could stay w/ me since I was a wreck.  I dropped Kaylee Beth off at daycare yesterday morning.  We were 1 1/2 later than usual since I didn't have anywhere to be and was moving slow all morning.  I kept getting teary-eyed while I was getting her ready. So she took my hands and started walking in a circle singing, "Ashes, Ashes." (this is her version of ring around the rosy. It makes her happy, so she must have thought it would cheer mommy up too!) It was so cute that I started crying more.  Well once at daycare, her teacher asked if everything was alright. So... I broke down! So in a room full of toddlers, the adult is the one crying.  The other teachers walked in mid-breakdown and were really wondering what was going on.  So, this is the reason Homer missed classes yesterday lol.
Last night we visited with our neighbor to ask her if something happens if she could get KB.  We found out that she had been fired from her job a couple of days ago and has decided she's moving back to Florida, where shes from.  I'm not sure if it was hearing her problems, or watching how excited and happy Kaylee Beth was to play with her and her dog, but once we got home, I felt much more at ease with the whole situation.  She reminded me that I can find the positive in any situation.  She had just gotten fired from her job she had been at for 7 years, but could only focus on the fact that she finally had a reason to move back home.  I got teary a couple more times, but not a break down.  So this morning, I was able to make it through everything without tears. 
I know God has a plan for us, and it may not turn out to match what we think the plan should be.  He's given me more time to get adjusted to the move back home and to working in the hospital so I can learn as much as I can.  He's also given us more time to enjoy Kaylee Beth and spend quality time with her.  A mother never wants to lose a baby, but I know He knows what he's doing and I put all of my trust in him.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment